Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home At Last and Rested!

Well I made it home around 8:15 yesterday evening and let me tell you, I was glad to be out of any mode of transportation. 10 hours in a plane and then 6 hours in a car was plenty enough for me today! Our flight from London to Chicago was pretty smooth, I got in three movies and possibly an hour of sleep. It was nice and quick and then we got to Chicago and had to pass through customs which went by quickly and as we were about to the gate it was almost time to go again. When we sat down were told that they didn't know where our plane was and then we got delayed for about 45 minutes, kind of nerve racking but we finally landed and about 30 seconds of being on the ground, I was sweating. Going from cold and rainy to sunshine and 80 is a pretty big change. It was nice to see the sun though! After goodbyes my mom and I were on the way home, by the time we got back I was exhausted, I am still running a little slow but am glad to be back. The last two weeks were incredible, I met some great people and a great time with them! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of this trip. Thanks to our guides and ISA, they were all so great, they were so nice to us and did so much but a really really big thanks to Dr. Nobiling for supporting the study abroad program by putting this trip together and then putting up with all of us for two weeks in a foreign country! I had a great time and think that studying abroad is a great experience that everyone should try at least once, it opens doors and allows students to experience a different culture. England was really great to go to, we have historical connections to this country but as time has progressed things have changed and it was interesting to witness some of these changes first hand! I loved all the time spent there and would really like to go back to this area and spend more time in some of the places and hopefully visit other countries and get some more stamps in my passport! Well I think that is all for this blog, which has been an experience in itself, rather difficult at times but  I am glad I was able to do it so my friends and family could keep up with the trip as well! That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment